In this article
- Halloween punch? Don’t touch the stuff.
- Halloween wine ideas? Red wine as blood, drank out of goblets.
- Halloween memories? Growing up in New Orleans, you never knew if you’d be sweating or freezing in your costume.
- Fave Halloween costumes? I was the lamest kid, ZERO creativity. I wanted to be a cheerleader every. single. year.
- Halloween foods? Mini snickers are like finger sandwiches, you can eat way more than a whole bar.
- Halloween punch? My go to Halloween drink is a White Russian (see number 4).
- Halloween wine ideas? Stick with red wine, if you spill it on yourself it will look like costume blood.
- Halloween memories? Shaving half of a friend’s head in college.
- Fave Halloween costumes? I dressed as The Dude for about six straight years.
- Halloween foods? Often imitated, never duplicated, the Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkin is king.
- Halloween punch? I didn’t know Halloween punch was a thing. On this day I’m usually having a cocktail instead.
- Halloween wine ideas? Egri Bikavér?? … No! Just kill a bottle of RedThumb Tempranillo while you hand out candy to trick-or -treaters (avoid parental disapproval stares).
- Halloween memories? Dark Carnival, New Orleans.
- Fave Halloween costumes? No Halloween costumes for me…and I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor that I dressed up as the grumpy Care Bear last year.
- Halloween foods? Candy Corn (and I’m not ashamed to admit it).
- Halloween punch? Mezcal, cucumber, lime, Cointreau, agave (it’s green).
- Halloween wine ideas? Sangria with eyeballs in addition to fruit?
- Halloween memories? I was never into Halloween until I moved to New Orleans, actually.
- Fave Halloween costumes? Morticia or Wednesday Adams are my go-tos.
- Halloween foods? Snickers candy bars, frozen.
- Halloween punch? The only Halloween punch I’ve ever had I would not recommend to the public—it was more like poison. RIP my liver.
- Halloween wine ideas? Add edible glitter to your wine glass – festivity combined with enjoying a drink you know you like.
- Halloween memories? One of my faves: grabbing an iced coffee at my favorite local shop and strolling a Halloween-decked out neighborhood. I love admiring all the decorations and costumes.
- Fave Halloween costumes? Halloween is absolutely my favorite holiday of the year. Best ever costume: a Jurassic Park ranger costume that my friend and I made ourselves.
- Halloween foods? Anything and everything pumpkin spice related. This year, I created a Fall baking list for myself. I am the overzealous person asking the Trader Joe’s employees when the fall goods are dropping [in August…]. Trader Joe’s gummy candy is amazing (highly recommend the spooky bats and cats gummies and their pumpkin chocolate chunk oatmeal cookie mix).
- Halloween punch? Halloween sangria, with apples and blackberries/ other dark fruit.
- Halloween wine ideas? Fall spritzers with apple, cinnamon, other fall flavors.
- Halloween memories? Never being allowed to buy costumes and always being forced to make my own.
- Fave Halloween costumes? The Shining twins 👯♀️👯♀️👯♀️.
- Halloween foods? Anything and everything pumpkin spice. Specifically the Trader Joe’s mini pumpkin and gingerbread flavored ice cream cones. SO good.